Rockstart Introduces Participants of 2016 Smart Energy Accelerator
10 international startups head to Amsterdam to focus on #theinternetofenergythings
Rockstart, the Global Startup Machine, today announced the 10 startups participating in the 2016 Smart Energy Accelerator. The international group of startups come from 11 countries in Europe, Latin America and Asia and have applications focused on smart buildings, smart cities and smart industry.
Rockstart’s Smart Energy Program Director Freerk Bisschop says, “This year’s batch doubles down on what I call the “Internet of Energy Things” with businesses that are using the cloud and integrating data intelligence, mesh networks, localisation, SaaS and micropayments – all with a smart green impact. Their customers are consumers, utilities and the enterprise and this will be a great opportunity for our partners to get even more involved as teams move to validate their value propositions.”
Rockstart Smart Energy begins on 19 February 2016 and culminates in a Demo Day in Amsterdam on 6 July 2016.
The 10 participating startups come with ideas spanning smart lighting systems, location-based commuter services to energy management systems for industry, buildings, stores and homes.
- Crownstone (Netherlands) – Crownstone offers a hardware device using AI to find the indoor location of people with smart devices.
- dajie (Italy) – dajie delivers a modular, scalable and affordable toolkit solutions for distributed Internet & Energy technologies to build and manage autonomous, resilient, scalable, accessible Infrastructures for “Smart Grids” and “IoT”.
- eGEO (Colombia) – eGEO develops Internet of Things hardware and software for a simple and affordable smart grid – benefitting both the end user and utilities.
- Flowbox (Czech Republic) – Flowbox is an energy management system with the primary function of the continuous measurement of all the types of energies consumed by a customer.
- Geolumen (Italy) – Geolumen produces and sells integrated smart lighting systems for public and private consumers utilizing point-to-point mesh wireless architecture.
- MagicView (Netherlands/Belgium/China) – MagicView markets its patented location-based mobility transaction system, enabling seamless multi-modal traveling. It allows commuters to reserve and pay for parking spaces, seats in public transport or shared rides.
- newatt (Brazil) – newatt is an intelligent energy management solution providing energy efficiency for medium/large retail stores and supermarket chains.
- Sympower (Estonia/UK) – Sympower is a platform connecting smart energy things for demand response and frequency reserve.
- Vebbu (Croatia) – Vebbu creates products that improve your quality of life, by controlling the air quality and temperature in your home.
- wapo.io (Greece) – Wapo.io delivers energy efficiency engagement in commercial buildings through automated opportunity discovery, personalisation and collaboration.
Rockstart’s 2016 Smart Energy partners include: Alliander, Cez Group, City of Amsterdam, Cofely, Stichting Doen, Accenture, Amsterdam Smart City, Bird & Bird, Elevate Consulting Group and Tax at Work.
Comments are closed.
Also on Rockstart
Meet the Feed the Future by Lely finalists that will revolutionise the dairy industry November 4 2019 | Eóin Kearney Meet the Feed the Future by Lely finalists that will revolutionise the dairy industry Lely and Rockstart are excited to announce the top finalists for the 2019 edition of ...
ROCKSTART ANNOUNCES THE TOP 10 STARTUPS FROM THE 3RD EDITION OF THE AI 2019 PROGRAM October 23 2019 | Rockstart After weeks of deliberation, Rockstart has finalized the selection and launched its 3rd AI accelerator program, which kicked off last Thursday night in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Neth...