Cookies can be distinguished by type, and by which party they are placed.
Rockstart further distinguishes between 3 types of cookies:
- Functional cookies are required for the operation of our websites and applications. These cookies are used to make searches quicker and browsing more convenient and remember any preferences in your settings. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
- Analytical cookies are anonymous cookies that collect information about the way visitors use our websites and applications (pages visited, average duration of visit). this helps us to measure and improve the performance of our site. They also help us know which pages are most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Tracking cookies, pixels or similar technologies may be used to register your preferences or behaviour to analyse your use of our products, services or applications and assist with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising).
- Advertising and personalisation cookies collect information about your browsing habits to offer you advertising or content that we think you might find interesting. We also work with third parties to infer your interests and deliver online targeted advertising;
- Tracking cookies are used to track your browsing behaviour on one or more websites to analyse your use;
- Social Media cookies are used to share information with social media parties such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
We use the following cookies:
|gdpr_cookie||www.rockstart.com||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year|
|lang||ads.linkedin.com||Remembers the user's selected language version of a website||Session|
|__utmt||www.rockstart.com||Used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
|__utmc||www.rockstart.com||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||End of browser session|
|_hjIncludedInSample||www.rockstart.com||This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.||1 year|
|_ga||rockstart.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_gat||rockstart.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session|
|_gid||rockstart.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Session|
|bcookie||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||2 years|
|bscookie||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||2 years|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session|
|fr||facebook.com||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||3 months|
|lidc||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||Session|
Rockstart uses Google Analytics. It is possible that cookies are placed from Google Analytics with the aim of collecting data in order to give you an optimal user experience. Through the collection of data via Google Analytics, Rockstart gains insight into the usage and these statistics can be applied to its website. The information obtained is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Rockstart has no influence on this. Rockstart has not permitted Google to use the obtained analytics information for other Google services. The privacy statement of Google Analytics can be consulted here.
If you do not wish to accept Google Analytics cookies, you can customize your browser accordingly so that it refuses them (see below – cookie settings).
You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings (see below) so that it will not accept cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
If you select a preference on a Rockstart website domain, then this preference applies to all websites with that particular URL in the address line. If you use multiple browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome) then you must select a preference for each browser separately.
COOKIE SETTINGSYour current state:
DATE OF LATEST AMENDMENTS TO COOKIE STATEMENT
This Cookie Statement was lastly amended on 23 May 2018.